Thursday 5 November 2009

2 x Joes

I have a funny story.
Sometimes I google my name,
and last year I saw a report of a schoolmeeting in Wijhe,
my birthplace.
They had a new child at the school by the name of Joes Meester.
The name Joes is not a common.
I phoned some people with family name Meester in Wijhe,
and I spoke with the father of this Joes.
He is a boy 5 years old, and he lives in the same street,
I lived from my birth till I was 13 years,
he on number 54, I at 45.
Years ago in Amsterdam, there was a meaningless homicide
the victim’s name was Joes,
the little boy is named after this victim.
His grand father owned a forge at the building,
where my great- grandfather had his meat factory.
Last Sunday my mother and I visited Joes and his family,
We are not related, we only share the same last name.
Isn’t it a curious story?
Here you see a picture of 2x Joes Meester.

2x Joes

3 comments:

  1. It's great that you could meet the other Joes Meester. VBG I'm so happy to have found your blog. We first met at Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream and later at the Vermont Quilt Festival in 2000. Do you remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your header photo, looks a lot like mine only mine isn't finished yet. i may actually finish this top someday now...

    www.cityquilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny it is my brother
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):

    ReplyDelete